- welcome to Braemar How can we help you today?
With the government announcement of a change to alert Level 2 commencing on Thursday 14 May 2020, we are now able to ease some of the measures we had implemented at Level 4 and 3 as follows:
A nurse will call all patients at home prior to their surgery to work through a screening questionnaire.
If for any reasons there are concerns that you do not meet the screening criteria your surgery may be deferred.
As from Thursday 14 May 2020 our visitors policy will be amended as follows:
- One visitor will be allowed per patient, we do ask that this one visitor is the same person for the entire patient admission.
- An exception to this is for our peadiatric patients where parents/caregivers need to relieve each other during the admission
- All visitors will be recorded upon entry and exit to the hospital to allow contact tracing if required in the future, please report to reception an arrival and exit.
We know having support person to help before surgery and in recovery is invaluable to our patients.
Before entering Braemar Hospital please ensure you ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you unwell with a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever, runny nose, sneezing or loss of sense of smell? Yes / No
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has been unwell with a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or fever in the last two weeks? Yes / No
- Have you returned from overseas in the last two weeks? Or been in contact with someone who has returned from overseas in the last two weeks? Yes / No
- Have you been in contact with someone who is confirmed or a suspected case of coronavirus? Yes / No
If you or your visitor answer yes to any of these questions please contact your specialist or GP.
We thank you for your understanding at this time.