Find it early. Prevent it. Treat it
KNOW THE FACTS
- Bowel cancer is the second most common form of cancer in New Zealand
- The risk of bowel cancer increase with age, especially from the age of 50
- Bowel cancer can develop without any symptoms
- Bowel cancer can be cured if detected early
- Colonoscopy is the most effective way of screening for bowel cancer
The Tawa Street Clinic Gastroenterologists, in association with Braemar Hospital, provide a screening colonoscopy service for those with symptoms or family history.
Health insurance will often cover colonoscopy, especially for those with symptoms or a family history of bowel cancer.
If you would like more information about screening colonoscopy, please contact our hotline on 0800 MYSCREEN (0800 697 273) or visit 33tawa.co.nz