BSC 1979 Ain Shams: MB ChB 1982 Ain Shams: MRCP 1984:
FRCS Edin 1988: FRCS Eng 1989:
MD Manchester University 1997 ( Transplant Immunology):
FRCS CTh Eng 1998
Mobile 021 621 512
Phone 0800 OPEN HEART
Areas of Specialisation
Mr El-Gamel is a leading adult cardiothoracic surgeon and has a special interest and expertise in the fields of:
Beating heart coronary artery bypass
Heart failure surgery
Minimally invasive valve repair and replacement surgery
Lung resection for cancer
Mr El-Gamel is trained in all aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery and transplantation as a Registrar, Senior Registrar and Chief Resident through UK and the USA in the following units
Hammersmith Hospital London 1985-1987 (Senior House Officer/First Registrar job)
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham 1989-1990 Registrar
Children Hospital Birmingham 1990-1991 Registrar
Yale University USA 1991-1992 Chief Resident
Hartland Hospital Birmingham 1993-1994 Registrar
Wythenshawe Hospital Manchester 1994-1996 Senior Registrar
Manchester Royal Infirmary 1996-1997 Senior Registrar
Positions & Memberships
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Waikato Hospital.
Clinical Director Cardiothoracic Surgery, Waikato Hospital Current
Senior Lecturer in Cardiothoracic Surgery Auckland University (Current)
Senior Lecturer and Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon Kings College Hospital 1997-2009
Director of minimally invasive cardiac surgery Kings College Hospital London 2004 -2009
Currently working at Braemar Hospital?
- "I felt so privileged to have the expertise of wonderful and such skilled medical specialists. ..."
- "I was treated with respect and dignity at all times. Everyone I met was friendly and courteous at all times. Thank you team for looking..."
- "Compliments to the chef, was better than some restaurants, outstanding...."
- "Definitely Braemar has got to be the best hospital I've been to by far. Thanks to everyone at Braemar...."
- "This was my second stay at Braemar and I was happy to come back...."