Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which prides itself on excellent care and state of the art services.
With excellent facilities and a great team atmosphere, our friendly and enthusiastic staff are well supported with professional development.
Braemar has nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, 5HDU/ICU beds and 85 surgical beds providing a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
We are seeking a senior Registered Nurse for the 0.8-0.9 position of Associate Charge Nurse in the Inpatient ward, to work collaboratively with the team.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following experience and abilities:
- A minimum of five years relevant surgical nursing experience, sound knowledge of pre and postoperative nursing care, ideally with recent New Zealand Hospital experience.
- The ability to provide ‘hands on’ support and clinical leadership and ensure excellent standards are maintained and can anticipate clinical needs.
- Have a positive energy, enthusiastic attitude and an ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
- Be a resourceful and pro-active team player who enjoys the variety of caring for adult and paediatric patients.
- Enjoy teaching and sharing of knowledge, having skills to empower staff and support learning opportunities.
- Have experience in supporting change and quality improvement initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, open communication and a sense of humour.
- Actively seeks new personal growth opportunities.
- Registered with NZNC and current APC.
You will receive a comprehensive orientation with access to ongoing education opportunities.
If your passion is delivering care of an excellent standard and supporting others, we would love to hear from you.
For further information please contact Charge Nurse Leanne Browne 843 1898 ext 845, or send a comprehensive CV, evidence of current registration and covering letter to: Lucricia.Thompson@braemarhospital.co.nz