Reporting to the Patient Services Manager, the role of the Charge Nurse is to provide professional management and clinical and nursing leadership in a private surgical environment.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Manager or Senior Registered Nurse to join a busy team as the Day Ward Charge Nurse. This role manages Day Surgery and the Endoscopy Suite.
Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital, provides state of the art technology and facilities and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. We offer a supportive environment and opportunities for on-going professional development. With nine operating theatres and two endoscopy suites, 85 beds, plus a five bed ICU/HDU Special Care Unit, Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services on both a day stay and inpatient basis.
The Day Ward Charge Nurse role will ensure effective day to day clinical management, collaborating and liaising with specialists, management and clinical leaders both internally within the organisation and externally. This role is responsible for promoting excellence in clinical practice, ensuring the provision of high-quality nursing care for patients in line with Braemar vision and values.
As an individual you will have a strong commitment and genuine interest in providing quality and service. If you are motivated by the challenges this role can offer we want to hear from you!
– Professional leadership
– Professional practice development
– Clinical management of nursing care
– Management of equipment and supplies
– Human resource management/team management and recruitment
– Co-ordination of multidisciplinary care
– Scheduling and rostering
– Performance development and management
– Financial management
– Enhancing patient experience and effective teamwork and collaborative relationships
– Quality improvement
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following experience and abilities:
– Post graduate qualification desirable or working towards.
– A minimum of six years recent and relevant clinical experience
– Proven ability to lead a team
– A passion for quality care and upholding excellence in the workplace
– Evidence of quality improvement initiatives
– Experience in leading people and teams in a clinical setting
– Excellent written and verbal skills
– Open communication, meeting team expectations and being a visible leader who both listens to staff and is approachable is imperative.
To find out more, contact Sheree Smith, Patient Services Manager. DDI 07 843 1884. Email Sheree.Smith@braemarhospital.co.nz
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, CV and evidence of APC to Lucricia.firstname.lastname@example.org