An opportunity has arisen for a passionate Clinical Nurse Specialist – Infection Prevention and Control to join our team. You as the ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years post-graduate experience in the specialty, and will have a post-graduate qualification supporting your experience.
Your outstanding customer service skills are paired with a high level of written and spoken communication. Authentic leadership skills combined with an adaptable, ‘can-do’ attitude will enhance your success in this role. Self-motivated and achievement-oriented, you are known for your reliability, honesty and solutions-focussed outlook. You work well both as member of a team and independently. Respect for privacy and confidentiality are integral aspects of your professionalism, as is your enthusiasm for maintaining current, evidence-based practice.
- Current Registered Nurse APC
- Post-graduate certificate or higher, in relevant field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Infection Prevention and Control
- Competence in using patient management software, Microsoft Office
Preferred but not essential:
- Current Hand Hygiene Gold Auditor status
- Quality improvement implementation experience
- Education and training experience
- Contributing member of relevant national forums
Braemar Hospital is a prestigious, leading private surgical hospital in Waikato. We are rapidly growing and we are dedicated to providing state of art technology and the highest quality care to more than 100 specialists and patients.
We provide a variety of exciting surgical and medical procedures at Tertiary level across a wide variety of specialties. The hospital comprises of nine Operating Theatres, two Endoscopy suites, 50 bed inpatient and 32 bed day stay wards, plus a 5 bed HDU/ICU, and 9 chair chemotherapy unit.
- Comprehensive orientation and induction
- Access to ongoing education opportunities and Peri-operative Educator support
- Nursing Council of New Zealand approved PDRP
- Christmas shut down
- Great remuneration package
Our focus is very much on providing excellent patient care within a supportive team environment. We are driven to providing a good work/life balance with a fun, social friendly work place. Some of our nursing staff have been with Braemar for over 20 years showing dedication to Braemar Hospital, our specialists and patients.
Please apply by providing a comprehensive CV, evidence of current registration and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org