Braemar Hospital, Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital, provides state of the art technology and facilities and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists.
With nine operating theatres and two endoscopy suites supporting a full range of surgical specialties and an increasing number of medical specialties, we pride ourselves on five-star treatment of patients, specialists and visitors.
We are looking for a MOSS with experience in critical care, anaesthesia, cardiothoracic and other surgical disciplines. (this may a job sharing opportunity) to provide the highest quality medical care within our Special Care Unit:
- Providing immediate first line medical cover / emergency response
- Providing care and assuming responsibility for routine care and management of our Special care patients
- Providing ongoing problem management of compromised and / or complex post-surgical patients
- Assist and provide consultants and nursing staff with clinical support.
This role requires someone who:
- Demonstrates competency in Adult Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support skills
- Has knowledge of the Cardiac Surgical Advanced Life Support protocol
- Is competent with endotracheal intubations and ventilation, intravenous and central line cannulation, defibrillation and cardioversion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- MbChB or equivalent qualification
- Fluent speaker of English
- Experience no less than 6 years post qualification
- Full registration under General Scope with the Medical Council of NZ
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate from MCNZ
- Successful completion of a post-graduate exam or be in the process of studying for such exams.
- Clinical experience in critical care, anaesthesia, cardio-thoracic and other surgical disciplines
- ACLS/ALS as above
Braemar offers an excellent remuneration package, a welcoming, friendly progressive environment, and opportunities for further clinical development as well as providing a study work environment.
If you are passionate about quality patient centric care and would like to be part of a progressive team please apply by providing your CV, evidence of current registration and cover letter using the Apply button below.
If you would like to know more about this role please contact Pru Sheahan, firstname.lastname@example.org