We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Charge Nurse to join our friendly team in the Operating Theatre.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager, the role of the Charge Nurse is to provide professional management and clinical and nursing leadership in the private surgical environment.
Braemar Hospital is a prestigious, leading private surgical hospital in Waikato. We are a rapidly growing Charitable Trust that is dedicated to providing state of art technology and the highest quality care to more than 100 specialists and patients.
We provide a variety of exciting surgical and medical procedures at tertiary level, procedures such as Cardio-thoracic surgery, Orthopaedics, Spines, General, Urology, Plastics, Maxilla Facial, ENT and Dental.
The hospital comprises of nine Operating Theatres, two Endoscopy suites, 85 beds, plus a 5 bedded HDU/ICU.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following experience and abilities:
A minimum of five years recent and relevant clinical experience
- Proven ability to lead a team, coinciding with individual ownership and partnership with all team members
- Evidence of quality improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of current issues within nursing
- Knowledge and understanding of medico/legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Communication, meeting team expectations and being a visible leader who both listens to staff and is approachable is imperative
- Free car park
- Comprehensive orientation and induction
- Access to ongoing education opportunities
- Christmas shut down
- Great remuneration package
- Peri-operative Educator support
- Rotating rostered shifts from 0700hrs to 2030hrs or as service delivery needs.
Our focus is very much on providing excellent patient care within a supportive team environment. We are driven to providing a good work/life balance with a fun, social friendly work place. Some of our nursing staff have been with Braemar for over 20 years’ dedication to Braemar Hospital, our specialists and patients.
Please click here to view a copy off the job description for this role.
For further information, please contact:
Margaret Dube, Theatre Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by providing a comprehensive CV, evidence of current registration and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close 30th August 2019