Braemar Hospital, Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital, provides state of the art technology and facilities and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. We offer a supportive environment and opportunities for on-going professional development.
With nine operating theatres and two endoscopy suites, 85 beds, plus a five bed ICU/HDU Special Care Unit, Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services on both a day stay and inpatient basis.
A rare opening has become available for someone who has an interest in cardiothoracic surgery and continuous improvement. The position is about the efficient co-ordination of the cardiac surgery patient journey through Braemar Hospital, role modelling excellence in service delivery to all internal and external customers.
This role requires someone who is motivated, self-driven, has a clear understanding of service delivery and meeting both our patients’ and specialists’ requirements.
It is an opportunity to work and specialise further into an area that is growing.
You will work closely with the Charge Nurse to provide a cohesive and effective team in delivering efficient and supported care to our patients
Attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously is a must.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preadmission preparation: Contacting patients, organising FSA, organising and accessing patient investigations.
- Providing patient support and being their point of contact
- Supporting insurance processes.
- Effectively communicating with Hospital-wide departments to ensure resources are available to deliver excellent care to patients.
- Develop a rapport with the Surgeons to ensure effective communication and feedback opportunities
- Liaising with Specialists including Intensivists’ availability.
- Supporting FSA and FUSA clinics.
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion and previous experience working in cardiothoracic and ICU
- Excellent written and verbal skills, open communication and a sense of humour.
- Actively seeks new personal growth opportunities.
- Registered with NZNC and current APC
- Have a positive energy, enthusiastic attitude and an ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
Please apply by providing your CV, evidence of current registration and cover letter to Lucricia.firstname.lastname@example.org. All queries to Sheree Smith Patient Services Manager 07 843 1884